SCOTTISH CIVIL PROCEDURE RULES: CHANGES NORTH OF THE BORDER: USEFUL LINKS (WITH PHOTOS)
Civil procedure in Scotland is undergoing major changes. In preparing for a talk at the Royal Faculty of Procurators in Glasgow I looked at quite a few posts and articles to help me understand what was going on (and to understand the system as it was before). I also met a few people who read this blog. I thought it would be useful to provide links to the posts I had looked at. If Scottish practitioners want to send me additional links I will keep updating this post (I cannot promise to update this without assistance from my friends in the north ). The rules are still changing and developing so there is likely to be more to come.
ADDITION MAY 2017
- Charles Irvine on “And finally… some plain English from Scotland” On the Kluwer mediation blog.
- Sheriff Court – Civil Procedure Rules
- The Simple Procedure Rules
- More information about Simple Procedure
(A really lovely building).
POSTS ON CIVIL PROCEDURE
(Charles Hennessy – the doyen of Scottish civil procedure.)
THE RULE CHANGES
- Brodies on Keep it Simple Sheriff – Simple Procedure in the Sheriff Court
- Helen Bain – Courts Reform Update – the new Simple Procedure Rules
- Miller Samuel Hill Brown Litigation in Scotland: New Simple Procedure Rules
- Anderson Strathern Court reform: New Simple Procedure for low value claims
- The Journal has a Beginner’s Guide to the new rules
(From inside the Royal Faculty – proof that good works can lead to a long life).
The Scottish Legal Aid Board on New Simple Procedure Rules from 28 November 2016
(Sheriff Cubie spoke on case management, something new to the Scottish system)