TALES FROM THE APIL CONFERENCE V: COURT FEE REMISSION: USEFUL LINKS
I attended the session on court fees. One part of this related to the increasing importance of court fee remissions. Claimants have to know the rules and, before they pay any fee, be certain that their client is eligible. Sometimes the first time it occurs to claimants that remission is available is when the issue is raised by the defendant in points of dispute. Further there is no doubt at all that defendants are right to raise this issue. It is useful to have some links to the central documents and guidance.
- The Court and Tribunals Fee Remissions Order 2013 is available here
- The guidance on obtaining dispensation online is available here
GUIDANCE FROM THE GOVERNMENT
THE CONSULTATION PAPER
- The Consultation paper on fee remission is available here
GUIDANCE FROM OTHERS
- Kerry Underwood wrote about this in Court and Tribunal Fees and help with fees (Remission) (Worthwhile reading the comments section on this post).
- Money Claims UK has a useful shorthand guide in Fee Remission – Court and Tribunal Fees – do I have to pay them?