THE ELECTRONIC BILL OF COSTS: UPDATE TO LINKS, INCLUDING GUIDANCE ON THE ENTIRE PROCESS
There has been much recent comment on the “success” (or otherwise) of the electronic bill of costs. This is a guide time to update the links to commentary and guidance on the process.
- The New Law Journal – Electronic bills sparked fear
- The Association of Cost Lawyers Solicitor and judges “unenthusiastic” about new electronic bill, say Costs Lawyers.
- Local Government Lawyer Lawyers and judges struggle with electronic bills of costs: survey
GUIDANCE ON THE ENTIRE PROCESS
- R. James Hutcheon solicitors – How to Complete Precedent S.
- The Practice Direction is here (scroll down to Practice Direction 47)
- A blank Precedent S is available here precedent-s-blank-template (1)
MRN solicitors have a 15 minute webinar.
The webinar can be found at https://vimeo.com/album/5027436 .
Once you’ve followed the link, enter this access code:
USEFUL ARTICLES AND POSTS
- John Hayes- Precedent S and the new electronic bill of costs
- Victoria Square Chambers The new Electronic Bill of Costs
- GWS Electronic Bill of Costs (worth reading the comments section here as well)
- Rachel Rothwell in the Law Society Gazette – Making up the Hours.
- Practical Law Resolution Blog – The electronic bill: counting down to 6 April 2018 (by retired Costs Judge Colin Campbell).
- Clarion have a list of Frequently Asked Questions