PERIODICAL PAYMENTS AND PROVISIONAL DAMAGES: THE IMPORTANCE OF RECENT DEVELOPMENTS: WEBINAR 9th SEPTEMBER 2022
This webinar looks at recent cases in relation to periodical payments and provisional damages and considers their practical implications for personal injury practitioners. Booking details are available here.
Cases to be considered include:
- The decision in Mathieu v Hinds & Anor  EWHC 924 (QB) in relation to the risk of epilepsy and the risk of dementia & why periodical payments were not allowed for the risk of dementia
- The judgment in Martin v Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust (Payment of Damages)  EWHC 532 (QB) on variable orders and periodical payments
The webinar then looks at practical aspects of making a claim for provisional damages and periodical payments. When is a claim for provisional damages appropriate?
- Making a claim for provisional damages
- Consequences of a provisional award
- The obligation of the court to consider periodical payments
- Factors involved in the exercise of the court’s discretion
- Ensuring security for the claimant
- Practice and procedure