LIMITATION: ESSENTIAL POINTS BEFORE THE "ESSENTIAL CHECKLIST"
We have already had the essential checklist on service. We are now moving on to the essential checklist for limitation. Before the Mitchell case it was usually limitation that was a major problem for litigators, particularly personal injury practitioners. It is worthwhile having a short re-cap of essential points.
USEFUL POSTS ABOUT LIMITATION ALREADY ON THE BLOG
There are already a number of posts about limitation on this blog, designed to highlight problem areas and avoid problems. In particular:
- 10 myths about limitation that every personal injury practitioner should know.
- Avoiding negligence 1: the three year limitation period.
- Avoiding negligence 2: not every limitation period is 3 years.
- Avoiding negligence 3: aviation the really vicious limitation period
- Avoiding negligence 4: Trouble at sea, accidents on water and limitation
- Avoiding negligence 5: Accidents abroad and the Foreign Limitation Periods Act
Some specific posts can also be found at:
There are discussions about limitation and fatal accident claims on my Fatal Accidents blog
READ THESE AND…
You can see why the checklist may be useful.