LAW AND FLOODING: USEFUL GUIDES TO THE LAW AND PRACTICAL LINKS
Here is a list of posts and articles that discuss the legal aspects of flooding.
- Obiter J – in Law and Lawyers writes on Flooding – funding for defences – legal responsibility.
- Law and your environment has a section on The Law on Flooding
- Law & your Environment also has a section on flooding Your Rights and Duties
- William Upton on Common law liabilities for flooding: “Flood me, Flood me not”.
- The Law Society have a practice note on Flood Risk
- Gov.uk Flood risk assessments: climate change allowances
- Law Society Flood risk practice note updated
- Parliament.uk Environment Secretary makes statement on flooding
- Devon County Council Flood risk management current legislation
- Local Government Association Managing flood risk: roles and responsibilities
- National Flooding Forum Who’s responsible for what
- Draft Legislation The Floods and Water (Amendments etc.) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019 No. 558
Here are some more useful links, with an emphasis on the practical things you can do after a flood.
USEFUL LINKS FROM THE ASSOCIATION OF BRITISH INSURERS
- The ABI on Recovering from a flood
- Clearing up after floods – latest advice and information from insurers
- ABI advice to home owners on disposal of flood damaged possessions
- Preparing for a Flood
- Gov.uk has Winter 2015 floods: government response
- The Flood Warning Information Service enables you to search your postcode.
- The ABI on Responding to Major Floods
- Gov.uk on New Flooding to support flood affected communities
- Flooding: health guidance and advice
- Sign up for flood warnings (England and Wales)
- Prepare for a flood and get help during and after
- South Lakeland District Council: Advice for residents and businesses following flooding (it is useful to scroll down to specific links such as “How to clean up safely” and Frequently asked questions.”
- The Olander UK writes on Insurance Advice for Flood Victims
- The ABI on the 6 key changes for people who’ve been affected.
GUIDES FOR BUSINESSES
- The Enterprise Partnership has Advice for flooded businesses
- The Health and Safety Executive on Recovering your business safely after flooding
- The Environment Agency on would your business stay afloat?
- Details are available here of further flooding confirmed for flood-hit business.
- Business in the Community Would Your Business Premises Be Ready For A Flood
- Business in the Community Resilience Starter Kit
- Business in the Community Would You Be Ready? Guide
- The Flood Hub Business Flood Planning G
- The relevant form to Apply for the Farming Recovery Fund
- The NFU: Flooded? Here’s what you need to know.
Sport England has a web page on “sustainability”. If you scroll down past the “droughts” section you will find links to detailed guidance on
- How to plan ahead.
- Developing a club flood plan.
- Club food plan.
- Creating flood resilient design.
- What to do when you get a flood alert warning.
- Buildings after the flood.
- Pitches and courts after the flood
The England and Wales Cricket Board has a section on flooding. Again this page offers links to
- Flooding: step by step guidance for clubs.
- Flood sediment removal advice.
- Flood plane template.
Club insure Ltd has a section Protecting Pitches: How to protect your facilities from flooding.