THE “NIGHTINGALE COURTS”: WHERE ARE THEY?
Whilst dozens of courts have been closed and sold off (or left to rot) HMCTS has felt it necessary to “innovate” by opening “Nightingale Courts”, details are available here.
So far as I can tell only one two of these involves using courts that have been closed down. One can do nothing but admire the sheer genius of all those who have been involved in the court closure programme.
A NIGHTINGALE SINGING NEAR YOU SOON
The confirmed sites are:
- Former county court at Telford, Shropshire
- Hertfordshire Development Centre, Stevenage
- Swansea Council Chambers, Swansea
- Cloth Hall Court, Leeds
- Middlesbrough Town Hall, Teesside
- East Pallant House, Chichester
- 102 Petty France, London
- Prospero House, London
- Former magistrates’ court at Fleetwood, Lancashire
- Knights’ Chamber and Visitor Centre, Bishop’s Palace, Peterborough Cathedral