STATEMENTS OF CASE, DRAFTING, DANGERS AND PITFALLS: WEBINAR 17th FEBRUARY 2021
I am giving a webinar on the 17th February 2021 on avoiding problems with Statements of Case. This is part series of webinars on the theme of “staying safe” in the running of personal injury cases. The webinars look at key area of practice and procedure, examine where any why things go wrong and then how to avoid problems. We then look at the steps that can be taken to rectify matters if things have gone wrong.
This webinar takes a close look at the rules relating to drafting statements of case.
- What should be on the claim form?
- What must the particulars of claim contain?
- Problem areas in drafting the particulars
- What must the claimant plead?
- What should the defence contain?
- When do you need to file a reply or a defence to counterclaim?
- Part 18 requests – what can, and what can’t, they contain?
- Amending statements of case
- Statements of case at trial
- Avoiding the pitfalls of pleading
Booking details are available here.