APPLYING TO VARY A COSTS BUDGET: RULES AND PROCEDURE: WEBINAR 19TH MAY 2021
On the 19th May 2021 I am presenting a webinar on applying to vary a costs budget. Booking details are available here.
WHAT THE WEBINAR COVERS
Making sure that the budget is, and remains, correct is an important part of a litigator’s job. Knowing when and how a budget can be varied is an essential skill.
This webinar looks at the law, practice and procedure in relation to applying to vary a costs budget. It looks at the rules, the precedents and the significant cases that govern applications to vary costs budgets.
- The relevant rules
- What is a “significant development”?
- What kind of “significant development” merits an alteration in the budget?
- Why it is essential that an application is made promptly – promptness is a mandatory prerequisite
- When does the revised budget start from
- Why the court won’t budget retrospectively
- Persuading the court to exercise its discretion