THE COSTS JUDGE OVER YOUR SHOULDER: DEDUCTING COSTS FROM THE CLIENT’S DAMAGES: WEBINAR 20th SEPTEMBER 2023
On the 20th September 2023 I am presenting a webinar looking at issues relating to the deduction of costs from the client’s damages in a personal injury claim.This webinar looks at the regulations and case law relating to the deduction of costs. Booking details are available here.
- When can a deduction from damages be made?
- Protection for the client
- What must be the client be told?
- What steps need to be taken if court approval is needed?
- How is a “success fee” justified?
- Avoiding difficulties and potential pitfalls
- Where do things go wrong?
The webinar examines the key judgments on this topic and looks at those areas that have proven to be problematic and which have led to litigation and solicitor-own client disputes.