FLOODING AND THE LAW: USEFUL LINKS AND GENERAL GUIDANCE
Simply judging by the state of the rivers, and some of the roads, around me issues relating to flooding are back. This is a useful time to repeat the guide to flooding issues that I have printed several times before.
Here is a list of posts and articles that discuss the legal aspects of flooding.
- Obiter J – in Law and Lawyers writes on Flooding – funding for defences – legal responsibility.
- Law and your environment has a section on The Law on Flooding
- William Upton on Common law liabilities for flooding: “Flood me, Flood me not”.
- The Law Society have a practice note on Flood Risk
- Gov.uk Flood risk assessments: climate change allowances
- Parliament.uk Environment Secretary makes statement on flooding
- Devon County Council Flood risk management current legislation
- Local Government Association Managing flood risk: roles and responsibilities
- National Flooding Forum Who’s responsible for what
- Legislation The Floods and Water (Amendments etc.) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019 No. 558
- Gov.uk has Winter 2015 floods: government response
- The Flood Warning Information Service enables you to search your postcode.
- The ABI on Responding to Major Floods
- Gov.uk on New Flooding to support flood affected communities
- Flooding: health guidance and advice
- Sign up for flood warnings (England and Wales)
- Prepare for a flood and get help during and after
- South Lakeland District Council: Advice for residents and businesses following flooding (it is useful to scroll down to specific links such as “How to clean up safely” and Frequently asked questions.”
- The Olander UK writes on Insurance Advice for Flood Victims
- The ABI on the 6 key changes for people who’ve been affected.
GUIDES FOR BUSINESSES
- The Enterprise Partnership has Advice for flooded businesses
- The Health and Safety Executive on Recovering your business safely after flooding
- The Environment Agency on would your business stay afloat?
- Details are available here of further flooding confirmed for flood-hit business.
- Business in the Community Would Your Business Premises Be Ready For A Flood
- Business in the Community Resilience Starter Kit
- Business in the Community Would You Be Ready? Guide
- The Flood Hub Business Flood Planning G
- The relevant form to Apply for the Farming Recovery Fund
- The NFU: Flooded? Here’s what you need to know.
Sport England has a web page on “sustainability”. If you scroll down past the “droughts” section you will find links to detailed guidance on
- How to plan ahead.
- Developing a club flood plan.
- Club food plan.
- Creating flood resilient design.
- What to do when you get a flood alert warning.
- Buildings after the flood.
- Pitches and courts after the flood
The England and Wales Cricket Board has a section on flooding. Again this page offers links to
- Flooding: step by step guidance for clubs.
- Flood sediment removal advice.
- Flood plane template.
Club insure Ltd has a section Protecting Pitches: How to protect your facilities from flooding.