In Gillian -v- HEC Enterprises Ltd  EWHC 461 (Ch) Mr Justice Morgan considered an application to reconsider and re-open an earlier judgment, The judgment contains interesting observations about attempts to “reopen” court decisions, the use and alleged waiver of “without…
© Gordon Exall, Civil Litigation Brief, 2013-2020. Unauthorised use and or duplication of the material contained on this blog without permission from this blog's author is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Gordon Exall and Civil Litigation Brief with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- MORE CORONAVIRUS LAW: ORDER TO RESTRAIN WINDING UP PETITION: WHERE THERE’S A BILL THERE IS A WAY
- MISTAKES IN THE PORTAL: “ROUGH JUSTICE” AND ERRORS IN OFFERS: CLAIMANT’S CLAIM STRUCK OUT AS AN ABUSE OF PROCESS
- COVID REPEATS 40: ASKING LEADING QUESTIONS AND WITNESS STATEMENTS: THIS IS GOING TO END BADLY: EIGHT CRUCIAL POINTS ON EVIDENCE (& THEN 10 MORE)
- CIVIL PROCEDURE: BLOG AND ARTICLES ROUND UP – MAY 2020
- CIVIL PROCEDURE (CORONAVIRUS): BLOG AND ARTICLES ROUND UP – MAY 2020
Top Posts & Pages
- MISTAKES IN THE PORTAL: "ROUGH JUSTICE" AND ERRORS IN OFFERS: CLAIMANT'S CLAIM STRUCK OUT AS AN ABUSE OF PROCESS
- JUST BECAUSE YOU GIVE EXPERT EVIDENCE THAT DOESN'T MAKE YOU AN EXPERT: "ONE OF THE MOST EGREGIOUS AND NAKED USURPATION[S] OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE COURT THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN"
- CHANGE TO THE SPECIAL ACCOUNT RATE: DOWN TO 0.1%: PRACTICAL IMPLICATIONS
- NO VARIATION TO COURT ORDER BECAUSE OF CORONOVIRUS: RESPONDENT DOES NOT GET TWO BITS OF THE CHERRY
- COVID REPEATS 39: THE DANGERS OF OBTAINING ONE-SIDED WITNESS STATEMENTS: A PROBLEM THAT CANNOT BE GARAGED