THE IMPORTANCE OF TRIAL BUNDLES AGAIN: READ LEGAL ORANGE
The earlier post on trial bundles received several comments. It is clearly a matter of interest, and some controversy. Legal Orange has written a post on Trial Bundles from the point of view of a litigator. LEGAL ORANGE The post can be found at http://legalorange.wordpress.com/2014/01/11/trial-bundles/ I would urge everyone to read it for themselves. The highlights, for me, are:
- “What is the point of handling a claim for a couple of years and then failing to present it well to the court? You are selling yourself short and doing a disservice to your client”
- “Trial bundles are important”.
- “Being a civil litigator often means you do not need to know too much about ”the law” but it is vital that you are an expert in procedure.”
- For a discussion of the rules relating to trial bundles and the significance of “Sedley’s Laws of Documents” see http://civillitigationbrief.wordpress.com/2013/12/16/trial-bundles-timing-contents-and-presentation-and-do-you-know-sedleys-laws/http://civillitigationbrief.wordpress.com/2013/12/12/more-mitchell-mayhem-case-struck-out-at-trial-for-bundle-being-delivered-late/
- For a discussion of the consequences of a trial bundle being delivered late see http://civillitigationbrief.wordpress.com/2013/12/12/more-mitchell-mayhem-case-struck-out-at-trial-for-bundle-being-delivered-late/