FIXED COSTS: USEFUL LINKS: THE REPORTS AND THE COMMENTARY
The Jackson Report on fixed costs has already led to a great deal of controversy. Here are links to some of the most useful posts and articles. These include links to the report itself, Guidance and the extensive commentary (including a Storify record of tweets on the subject). This page is likely to be updated and all ideas for links are (as ever) welcome.
- The report and appendices are available here
- Statement from the Lord Chief Justice and the Master of the Rolls: Review of Fixed Recoverable Costs – Publication of Report
GUIDANCE ON THE CONTENTS
Kerry Underwood has a useful summary: Fixed Costs Report Overview
- Kerry Underwood Fixed Costs and the Bar: Post 2
- Keoghs insight on Fixed Costs
- Kennedys Jackson report: a new court track and a new world of fixed fees for claims up to £100,000
- The Law Society Gazette – Jackson on fixed costs: the profession reacts
- Solicitors Journa: Lord Justice Jackson scales back fixed costs proposals
- Claims Media: Mixed Reaction as Lord Justice Jackson confirms scaling back from suggesting fixed costs for all claims up to £25,000
- The Law Society – Plans for 10-fold expansion of fixed costs regime scaled back.
- Legal Futures Jackson lays out plan for fixed costs with warning that it’s not his job to protect profession.
- UK Human Rights Blog – Jackson LJ on costs in all judicial reviews: Aarhus rules to apply
- LEX- Fixed Recoverable Costs the next chapter
- Politics Home Bar Council responds to Lord Justice Jackson’s FRC proposals.
- Sue Fox Jackson LJ’s report is here!Just working my way through the 135 pages of Jackson LJ’s latest report – he likes to be thorough!
- Alex Fusco has an interesting Storify record of all the tweets on the matter this morning.