BEING A WITNESS IN COURT: “AVOIDING HUMILIATION”: USEFUL LINKS (VIDEOS TOO)
This idea for this post comes from another blog. Pink Tape has a recent post giving parents tips on giving evidence in court. This caused me to look at the assistance available generally.
This is one part of the legal process which does not receive much attention. The line (which is a very clear line) between preparing a witness to give evidence and “coaching” a witness. Here is some of the guidance available online for prospective witnesses.
STEALING FROM THE CRIMINAL COURTS
Understandably the CPS has paid a lot of attention to settling the minds of those appearing as witnesses in criminal caases.
- Citizens Advice What will happen on the day of the trial as a witness
- Derbyshire Council Appearing as a witness in court
- WikiHow How to Be a Witness in Court ( USA based but with useful tips)
- Community Care How to avoid humiliation when you’re cross examined in court
- WikiHow – How to Handle Cross Examination at Trial
- Gary Birnbaum, J.D., and Vail Cloar Seven tips for surviving cross-examination
- Barrister Blogger – How to face cross-examination as a defendant
- BucknamBlackDavis Called as a witness in court? Here are some tips to help you through the ordeal
- Mulderrigs – Giving Evidence in Court
My colleagues in Hardwicke prove their worth as starts of the screen Tips for being an effective witness in civil proceedings
There is a useful series, you can follow these through on Youtube