FATAL ACCIDENTS: LAW, PRACTICE, PROCEDURE & COMPASSION: COURSES IN NOVEMBER AND DECEMBER 2019
Alongside solicitor and partner in Irwin Mitchell Hilary Wetherell I am speaking at the APIL day-long courses on fatal accidents in November and December this year, in London, Manchester and Bristol. Our emphasis is on practical knowledge and application of that knowledge, alongside compassionate client care.
“Stimulating, scintilating and inspiring on what is a very difficult and sensitive area of the law”
VENUES AND DATES
- London on the 7th November 2019.
- Manchester on the 28th November 2019.
- Bristol on the 3rd December 2019.
This one day course will take you through every element of a fatal accident claim, with particular emphasis on the compassionate handling of bereaved families and careful client care.
The course will cover:
- The law in relation to liability and causation
- Investigating the claim, liability, damages and the inquest
- Funding the claim – who is the client?
– retainers, drafting them and getting the correct party correctly identified
- Who is a dependant?
- Valuing the dependency claim
- Non-dependency claims
- Bereavement damages
- Losses of the deceased prior to death
- Damages for injuries to another arising out of the death
***This course is also appropriate for APIL asbestos disease specialist accreditation***
Are available here