INTERLOCUTORY APPLICATIONS TO THE COURT: EXTENSIONS OF TIME & INTERIM PAYMENTS: WEBINAR 4th JUNE 2020
At a time when most applications are going to be heard remotely, it is more important than ever that litigators know and comply with the rules governing making applications to court. I am giving a webinar on the 4th June 2020 which deals with the rules, practice direction and case law relating to interlocutory applications to the court. In addition the webinar looks at two specific types of application: extensions of time and interim payments. These have been chosen because of their general importance and also because they are of particular practical importance currently. Time limits are being disrupted by social isolation and delays to the court process mean that interim payments may be a crucial method of preventing clients from suffering unnecessarily.
The contents of the webinar
This webinar looks at:
- The Rules and Practice Directions in detail so you can be sure you are complying
- Case law and judicial observations in relation to the making of applications
- The practical steps you can take
- The costs of interlocutory applications and how to make sure you can recover appropriate costs
We will then look at the law and practice in relation to two particular types of application:
Prospective applications for extensions of time
- Making sure that this is a prospective application and staying away from Denton
- The law as to prospective applications
- The mandatory requirements when making an application for an interim payment
- The case law
- Maximising your prospects of success.
DETAILS OF HOW TO BOOK
Details are available here.