DAMAGES IN ANTICIPATION OF DEATH: WEBINAR 8th JUNE 2020
On the 8th June I am giving a webinar on the important issues of damages in anticipation of death. This looks at damages for reduced life expectancy and the practical steps lawyers can take in these difficult and tragic cases. Booking details are available here.
WHAT THE WEBINAR COVERS
This webinar looks at the difficult, but important, issue of how the courts award damages when a claimant has reduced life expectancy as a result of their injuries.
- What is the effect of a judgment or settlement prior to death?
- How does reduced life expectancy affect the award for pain and suffering?
- What is the appropriate multiplier when there is reduced life expectancy?
- Are funeral expenses recoverable when a claimant has a reduced life expectancy?
- How do you calculate loss of income during the “lost years”?
- Can a child claimant claim for “lost years”?
- Can you claim for DIY and services during the lost years?
- Does the claimant have to prove a loss?
- Practical steps that the claimant’s solicitor can take
In addition the webinar looks at the awards for pain and suffering made prior to death or when the claimant has a reduced life expectancy
“100% of the feedback received for Gordon’s last webinar, marked it as “excellent””