SWIFT -v- CARPENTER: USEFUL LINKS AND GUIDANCE ON THE CASE AND HOW THE DECISION IS LIKELY TO WORK OUT IN PRACTICE
Following on from the previous posts about this case here is a set of useful links to commentary about the Carpenter decision. The Association of Personal Injury Lawyers is also presenting a webinar on this issue on the 22nd October, details are available here.
- Civil Litigation Brief – The Carpenter Decision: The Basic Principles: Fair Damages “Not a Penny More But Not a Penny Less”
- Civil Litigation Brief – Carpenter Decision In The Court of Appeal: The Approach to Accommodation Claims: The Award of Nil Revised to £801,913
- DAC Beachcroft – Swift v Carpenter – The Answer to Accommodation Claims or Just a Halfway House?
- Law Society Gazette – Court of Appeal backs claimant to receive £800k accommodation costs
- Bevan Brittan – Accommodation Claims: Swift v Carpenter
- Leigh Day – Landmark legal case changes the law for people with serious injuries requiring special accommodation
- Lexology – Swift v Carpenter: Court of Appeal confirms reversionary interest model appropriate for future accommodation claims
- Enable Law – Swift v Carpenter: What does it mean for professional deputies?
- Weightmans – Swift v Carpenter; where are we now?
- Penningtons Law – Righting a wrong by reversionary interest in Swift v Carpenter: A welcome and comprehensive reformulation of the law
- 7BR Barristers Chambers – Swift v Carpenter – The calculation
- TGC Chambers – Personal Injury: Accommodation Claims: Swift v Carpenter: Court of Appeal decision
- Doughty Street Chambers – Accommodation Claims: Swift v Carpenter – the result
- St Johns Buildings – Comment on Swift v Carpenter
- Anthony Gold – Accommodation claims following Swift v Carpenter
- Farrar’s Building – Long Awaited, Landmark Judgment – Swift v Carpenter
- Roys Withy King – There’s no place like home – what you need to know about Swift v Carpenter
- Rope Walk – ‘Swift v Carpenter – A Summary’ by Philip Turton and Abigail Scott
- Moore Barlow – Swift v Carpenter case – long awaited Court of Appeal decision secures re-housing costs
- 9 Gough Chambers – Swift v Carpenter  EWCA Civ 1295: A Quick Guide
- 1 Crown Office Row – QMLR Special Release: Lizanne Gumbel QC comments on Swift v Carpenter
- Nine St John Street – Swift v Carpenter: Explanations, Calculations & Implications
- No 5 Barristers’ Chambers – Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence – Vlog 6 – Swift vs Carpenter