DAMAGES FOR PAIN AND SUFFERING: WEBINAR 10th JUNE 2021
A post yesterday highlighted the uncertainties and complexities in relation to awards for pain and suffering where a claimant suffered multiple injuries some inside and some outside the statutory tariff scheme. This highlights the need for lawyers to understand precisely what is being considered when a court is asked to assess damages for pain and suffering. This webinar looks at the law and practice in relation to damages for the injury itself. It considers the basis for such awards, what factors are relevant and what lawyers need to consider in relation to awards for pain and suffering.
Booking details are available here.
This webinar looks at the preparation of the schedule, evidence and case in relation to damages for personal injury. It looks at the case law and covers:
- What is an “injury”?
- What is a claimant being compensated for?
- What factors affect the award for pain and suffering?
- Does the age of the claimant matter?
- How should pain and suffering be presented in the Schedule?
- Can the claimant simply rely on the medical evidence in presenting their claim for injury?
- What factors are going to affect the award for pain and suffering?
- The court’s approach to multiple injuries
- This webinar also looks at general damages for whiplash following the implementation of the Civil Liability act 2018 with a particular emphasis on how the courts are likely to approach multiple injuries when “whiplash” is an element of the claim.