INSOLVENCY FOR PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS: WEBINAR 16th DECEMBER 2021
On the 16th December 2021 I am presenting a webinar “Insolvency for Personal Injury Lawyers”. In addition to the issues relating to personal insolvency the webinar will look at the latest cases in relation to third party rights against insurers and Komives & Anor v Hick Lane Bedding Ltd & Anor  EWHC 3139 (QB), in particular.
Booking details available here.
MATTERS TO BE COVERED BY THE WEBINAR
- What is the position when the claimant is bankrupt: who “owns” the damages and who can bring the action?
- Avoiding striking out
- Practical steps that can be taken when the claimant is bankrupt
- What is the position when a carer is bankrupt?
- The steps you need to take when proceeding against a bankrupt defendant
- The steps you need to take when proceeding against an insolvent company
- Bypassing the problem – when can you sue an insurer directly?