“WHAT IS THE POINT OF HANDLING A CASE FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS AND THEN FAILING TO PRESENT IT WELL TO THE COURT?”
This may be one of the few blogs that has a category “Trial Bundles”, with dozens of posts on this topic. It remains one of the most searched and read subjects on this site. Here I am revisiting a useful link from a now quiescent blog by Legal Orange. Legal Orange has not written on their blog for several years. It was explained in a post that they had moved (to Scotland I think) and now had a major caseload. However, from 2013 – 2015 they used to post much sage wisdom on their blog. Here we go to a post in 2014 and their post on trial bundles.
LEGAL ORANGE: MAKE YOU BUNDLE A PEELING…
LEGAL ORANGE The post can be found at http://legalorange.wordpress.com/2014/01/11/trial-bundles/ I would urge everyone to read it for themselves. The highlights, for me, are:
- “What is the point of handling a claim for a couple of years and then failing to present it well to the court? You are selling yourself short and doing a disservice to your client”
- “Trial bundles are important”.
- “Being a civil litigator often means you do not need to know too much about ”the law” but it is vital that you are an expert in procedure.”
WEBINAR ON TRIAL BUNDLES
On the 14th January 2022 solicitor Amey Welch is presenting a webinar “Trial Bundles in a Post Covid Landscape”. Booking details are available here.
- What is a trial bundle?
- What is the purpose of a trial bundle?
- Why are they important?
- Who prepares the bundle?
- What goes into the trial bundle?
- Arrangement of documents
- Preparation of the bundle
- Organising the bundle
- The future