STATEMENTS OF CASE, DRAFTING, DANGERS AND PITFALLS 2022: FORTHCOMING WEBINAR
Recently we have looked at several cases where the importance of proper pleading was emphasises. For instance in Charles Russell Speechlys LLP v Beneficial House (Birmingham) Regeneration LLP  EWHC 3458 (QB) the appeal was allowed, and the matter remitted back for a second trial, because the claimant had not properly pleaded the case it succeeded on at trial. On the 18th February 2022 I am presenting a webinar on statements of case, booking details are available here.
This webinar takes a close look at the rules relating to drafting statements of case.
- What should be on the claim form?
- What must the particulars of claim contain?
- Problem areas in drafting the particulars
- What must the claimant plead?
- What should the defence contain?
- When do you need to file a reply or a defence to counterclaim?
- Part 18 requests – what can, and what can’t, they contain?
- Amending statements of case
- Statements of case at trial
- Avoiding the pitfalls of pleading