THE CHILD CLAIMANT AND FATAL ACCIDENT LITIGATION: WEBINAR 15th JUNE 2022
This webinar looks at the problems and issues faced by a child who has suffered the loss of parents or carers. It looks at the position when children are the sole claimants, have a dependency claim as part of a family and potential claims by the “adult child”.
Booking details are available here.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- The limitation period for children in fatal cases
- Bringing an action on behalf of a child in a fatal case
- When the child is the only dependant. How does the court approach damages?
- When the child has to move household – the complex legal issues
- How are damages assessed if the dead parent provided poor care?
- What is the position when there are “two families”?
- “Does the adult child” have a claim?
- Apportionment of damages and child claimants
The webinar will include an outline of the relevant case law and legal principles.