DAMAGES FOR PAIN AND SUFFERING: WEBINAR 11th JANUARY: PART OF THE DAMAGES SERIES 2024
On the 11th January 2024 I am presenting a webinar on Damages for pain and suffering. This is a part of a series of webinars looking at the basic elements of major heads of damages for personal injury, with a particular emphasis on those claims in the intermediate and multi track. In addition to looking at essential elements it looks at recent cases to illustrate in a practical way how damages are established (or not established) at trial. Booking details for the webinar are available here.
This webinar looks at the preparation of the schedule, evidence and case in relation to damages for personal injury. It looks at the case law and covers:
- What is an “injury”?
- What is a claimant being compensated for?
- What factors affect the award for pain and suffering?
- Does the age and income of the claimant matter?
- How should pain and suffering be presented in the Schedule?
- Can the claimant simply rely on the medical evidence in presenting their claim for injury?
- What factors are going to affect the award for pain and suffering?
- Hybrid claims and the “whiplash tariff”
Each webinar stands alone but can also be purchased as part of the series of eight. As a special offer APIL are offering a reduced price for booking the whole series in one go.
The full series of webinars covers session on:
- Damages for pain and suffering
- Damages for loss of earnings
- Damages for the self-employed and those involved in entertainment and sport
- Damages for care: Recent cases and their significance for practitioners
- Accommodation and appliance claims
- Periodical payments and provisional damages
- Dealing with the counter-schedule and counter-arguments in relation to damages
- Proving damages