WHAT DO YOU DO IF THE DEFENDANT MAKES AN EARLY PART 36 OFFER? WEBINAR 8th JULY 2022
In the recent case of MRA -v- The Educational Fellowships Ltd  EWHC 1069 (QB) it was held that the claimant had to face the usual Part 36 consequences when a Part 36 offer was accepted late. The fact that there was uncertainty as to prognosis when the offer was made and that costs would eat heavily into the claimant’s damages did not lead to the court disapplying the usual rules in relation to costs.
The making of an early Part 36 offer can cause major problems for claimants and their lawyers. An understanding of the rules, the relevant cases and the steps that need to be taken is essential to all those involved in litigation. This webinar addresses those issues. Booking details are available here.
This webinar looks at:
- Why a Part 36 offer can never be ignored
- The rules relating to late acceptance
- The cases relating to late acceptance
- The practical steps the claimant’s lawyers can do to mitigate the risks
- Assessing the risks and advising the client