Witness statements in the client’s own words: Witness statements when the client’s first language is not English: Webinar today
I am giving a webinar on the 25th July 2022 at 12.00 on “Witness statements in the client’s own words: Witness statements when the client’s first language is not English.” Booking details can be found here. (The webinar will be available on demand for six month period afterwards).
There have been cases that fail, or are struck out, because the witness statement does not comply with the rules. Similarly many problems are arising from witness statements when English is not the first language of the witness.
This webinar looks at:
- The rules relating to taking witness statements
- Avoiding putting words into the witness’s mouth
- Cases where witness statements go wrong
- The rules relating to witness statements when the first language of the witness is not English
- The rules when a witness cannot read or write
- Guidance from the cases
- Avoiding problems with witness statements