NEW WEBINAR (COMING SOON): WITNESS STATEMENTS: THE STATEMENT OF TRUTH AND SOCIAL ISOLATION.
I am preparing and recording a webinar on preparing and drafting witness statements. Particular attention is being given to the difficulties of interviewing witnesses and preparing statements in a time of social isolation. The webinar should be available from the 17th April onwards.
This webinar looks at the rules and guidance for litigators drafting witness statement.
It pays particular attention to the stark warning given in the statement of truth from 6th April onwards and provides guidance for those responsible for gathering evidence, drafting witness statements, and explaining the statement of truth in a time of social isolation.
- The mandatory requirements for witness statements and the consequences of non-compliance
- The ethical considerations of drafting witness statements
- Signature of the witness statement – will an e-signature suffice?
- Preparing the witness statement
- Protecting the witness from the lawyer
- Protecting the lawyer from the witness
- Witness statements and proportionality
- Where lawyers go badly wrong with witness evidence
- A checklist for taking a statement (again with particular emphasis on taking statements and explaining matters remotely).
HOW TO BOOK
Booking details are available here.